Microsoft has released a new system update for its Xbox 360 console. To acquire the update, simply turn on your Xbox and you should be promted to install the new software.
The update should take roughly five minutes, and includes a list of new features:
- Reflashes the DVD drives : PLDS DG-16D4S, PBDS VAD6038 and PLDS DG-16D2S, to a new stock firmware : 0272, 04421C, 02510C.
- Table and anti-piracy 2.5 scheme updated.
- Support for the new XGD3 disk format for games, adds 1GB of usable disk space and extra anti-piracy features to new games (This may not be compatible with some older Xbox 360 SKUs, e.g. those with Lite-On drives circa 2009, which require a console replacement).
- Adds a new 1 hour Auto-Off setting in addition to the 6 hour Auto-Off setting previously available.
- Adds PayPal support as a payment option for all Xbox Live users, except Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia , South Africa, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Avatar Kinect. Allowing players to scan their face in real-time to match with their avatar.
- Adds multi-language voice commands for Kinect.
- Minor bugfix.