Ubisoft will be releasing a beta for Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer on September 3rd. PlayStation Plus and UPlay members will be able to try out three maps, multiple game modes and at least nine different characters before anyone else gets their hands on the game. Read More.
News Articles By Naomi Brown
So in a bold and interesting move, Mad Catz has obtained permission from Harmonix to re release Rock Band 3. Mad Catz has decided that even though lots of folks thought the music genre was practically dead that they'd try for the holiday crowd. Read More.
20 year old Chris Staniforth died after playing Halo on XBox live for hours on end. He developed a pulmonary embolism, a bloot clot in his body, after a marathon session and had no other known underlying conditions. Pulmonary embolisms can form in people after sitting for extended periods of time. Read More.
THQ has effectively ended the Red Faction series, citing poor performance and reviews for the recent Red Faction: Armageddon. President and CEO Brian Farrell has stated that the company will not be continuing with the series. At least, not in any significant way. Read More.
Myths and Mavericks, due out in September, will be a multiplayer DLC for fans of the Red Dead series. It's been promised as free content, mostly as a thank you to supporters of the game. It'll have new characters and new levels for the various multiplayer campaigns. Read More.
So how many people out there have awesome ideas for video games that they'd love to see get developed? Most video gamers could easily point out the flaws they see in games and they changes they'd made to fix it. Read More.
Playdead has released their black and white platformer, LIMBO, on the PSN. It's available in North America, Europe and Asia ($14.99 North American price). It will be released in Japan on August 4. It's also due out on Steam on August 2. Read More.
In an announcement to gamers, 2K stated that The Darkness II would no longer be getting released as planned in the fall. It is now scheduled for a February 7, 2012 release in North America and February 10 everywhere else. Read More.
Sony has announced that they will be investing pretty heavily in the PS3, initially planning on devoting $20 million dollars over the next three years specifically for game development. Read More.
EA has announced that it will be closing down the online servers for multiple older games. In a statement to fans, they explained that when games stopped being played as much by users, less than 1% of all peak online users across all titles, it becomes less feasible to keep expending resources to support the games as opposed to turning their attention to newer games for the other 99% of players out there. Read More.
Sony has finally confirmed that starting with Resistance 3, they will be introducing the PSN Pass as well as single use codes for online play. For games that are included in this program, the game will need to be purchased new in order to redeem the code found inside for online play. Read More.
Atlus has announced that it will be released a demo for it's upcoming game, Catherine, on July 12, allowing XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 players the chance to play the new game. Read More.
For those who need a new zombie infested game to whet their appetite for slaughter (Or the living dead. Or Both.), Dead Block from Digital Reality and CandyGun Games released on XBox Live today. Read More.
For those Call of Duty fans who wished they had their own BlizzardCon, Activision has heard your cries of sorrow and are answering them with what they're calling an 'Epic Event'. From September 2-3 in Los Angeles, CA you can fully immerse yourself in the Call of Duty Experience. Read More.
EA has released a playable demo for NCAA Football 12 for XBox Live and the PSN. Players can try two different matchups of the upcoming game, allowing them a taste of what's to come. And if you connect to the EA servers and send an invite to a friend, five Nike Pro Combat uniforms will open up for use in the full version of the game. Read More.