Sega has revealed that free-to-play multiplayer RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be launching for PC in North America and Europe during early 2013.
"Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious," Chris Olson (Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America) revealed via the press release.
Whilst an exact release-date for the game has yet to be specified, Olson went on to state that "we look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2's unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year".
Having already hit Japan earlier this month, the game will see players "join a new band of Arcs in the fight against mysterious D-Arkers, embarking on another epic adventure of infinite possibilities".
Listed features include:
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based levelling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
The full press release can be found over at PSO World. In the meantime, you can check out the game's trailer below.
As always, ring in with your verdict on the comments section or let us know what you think on Twitter @Gamingexcel.