Our friends at Konami have passed us this little tidbit outlining what gamers can expect from the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition. If you're any sort of Metal Gear fan, you'll want to get your hands on this one as soon as it comes out. I can attest from my fruitless search for Metal Gear Solid 3's limited edition, that these ones are truly limited and are generally filled with goodies.
The annoucement direct from Konami is as follows:
" Here's some more Konami news before the weekend. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a 'Limited Edition' METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION will be available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® and is set to be released this winter.
In addition to the new features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION announced on September 15, 2011, the 'Limited Edition' will contain:
· Standard game
· Specialized packaging created by series lead artist, Yoji Shinkawa
· 248 page exclusive "The Art of Metal Gear Solid" artbook
Features for METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION include:
· Remastered from the ground up for PS3® & Xbox360®
· Stunning 1080p graphics
· 60 frames-per-second graphics
· Icons, sound effects, and all fonts upgraded for HD
· User interface rebalanced for HD
· Added right analog stick input and force feedback*
· Features Trophies on PS3® and Achievements on Xbox 360®
· Worldwide matchmaking for multiplayer (tentative)
· TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) compatible with PSP® version* "
Strangely enough, the HD collection will include MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker. Considering that Peace Walker was for all intents and purposes MGS 5, what gamers are getting is a Metal Gear Solid Box Set that's missing the first and fourth titles. Either way, the collection drops this November on PS3 and Xbox 360.